Monday, May 6, 2013

Bring Me A ... SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON FEST!

                                                          Pretty Cool Version of Popeye


I'm a HUGE (and I don't even know if that's the right word for it) fan of bad radio, those old bad TV shows they used to show late at night, like CREEPFEST or MONSTERFEST or whatever fest they had on.  Like when USA network was better.  Even with that said, I'm a bigger fan of 80's cartoons.  To get the full effect of the shows that I consider "80's" cartoons start with the 1977ish seasons of cartoons shown on Saturday mornings all the way to say, 1995.  That's almost 20 years, but the truth is, some cartoons started in the 80's didn't finish their run until the 90's and same with some of the 70's cartoons.

Now - I don't "yearn" for the return of those types of cartoons, some of them were really bad. But I am looking to collect them.  Some I have and the rest are next to impossible to find, unless I start hitting up the various "fringe" conventions.  Even then, it's like the cracker jack surprise when you open the box.  We all want the cool decoder ring or compass, but we usually end up with that teeny-tiny sticker/tattoo thingy.  That's what i expect when I see those DVD's sitting there in their well worn, hastily moved and packed boxes that litter the aisles of these conventions.

I wonder if there are any second hand stores out there that have these cartoons.  I'm talking the cartoons like Saturday Supercade with Donkey Kong, Q-Bert, Pac-Man, Turbo Teen, Rubiks Cube, The Incredible Hulk, the rest of the series of Superfriends, Popeye and Friends, Laverne And Shirley and The Happy Days gang.  I think I made my point clear.  I want to be able to get these titles.  I just don't know where to go.

Now - I know that these titles are available.  With everything that I've looked at, the main companies Warner Bros. and Universal have held on to these titles for one reason or another, but they should release them to the public!  If there is a huge demand of 80's music, clothes and TV shows and other things, why don't they jump on the band wagon and make their millions/billions off of us by just releasing these titles.

What about you guys?  What cool thing from your childhood do you miss that you would like to have again (or do again).

This is why I miss the Virgin Store here in Sacramento, I could drive there and check out all the cool titles they had, which included old and new cartoons/anime/cheesy 80's movies.  Now I have to take my chance at Fry's Electronics, a craptastic customer experience if there ever was one.

Here's a stupid question.  I can understand looking through bags of customers when they walk in and out of the store through the same entrance - let's be clear with this, when I mean bags, I mean back packs and things like that, what I don't get is them checking your purchases for "stolen" items, even though they say they're checking the receipt to make sure you got all your items, after you have gone through the line to purchase your items.  That's garbage - it makes no sense to check the bag of items you just bought, they're not even really checking the receipt, they count the items in your bag and the items on the receipt and thats it.  That process needs to end.  It's embarrassing. That's basically telling the customer that they're guilty of stealing something.

Next time you're in a store like that, walk by the fact checker and just say "I already know what I bought, I don't need a second opinion"


No comments:

Post a Comment